Are you an undergraduate or postgraduate student, This offer is an opportunity to migrate and explore the world. We have listed available scholarships open for you to grab. Read on for more detailed information.
About Scholarships In Switzerland
Swiss government scholarships are only available through Switzerland’s official diplomatic representations in the applicants’ home countries, according to the Federal Commission for Scholarships for Foreign Students.
The majority of Swiss universities do not charge international students tuition. Although not all universities adhere to this, there are numerous universities that do.
Full Funding Scholarships In Switzerland
The Swiss Confederation awards Government Excellence Scholarships each year to foster international exchange and research cooperation between Switzerland and more than 180 other countries. They are intended for young foreign researchers with a master’s or Ph.D. degree, as well as foreign artists with a bachelor’s degree.
The Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship 2023-2024 is a fully funded international student scholarship. This scholarship is available for master’s, doctoral, and postdoctoral studies. This scholarship includes a monthly payment, tuition fee exemption, health insurance, airfare, and housing expenses.
Scholarship Types Available In Switzerland
1. The Research scholarship
This scholarship is available to post-graduate researchers in any discipline (minimum master’s degree) who plan to come to Switzerland to pursue doctoral or post-doctoral studies (research fellowship, Ph.D., Postdoc).
All Swiss cantonal universities, universities of applied sciences, and the two federal institutes of technology, as well as the four research institutes, offer research scholarships for research or study. Only candidates nominated by an academic mentor at one of these institutions of higher learning will be considered.
2. Masters Scholarship
The scholarship will include the following benefits:
- For the duration of the program, a monthly payment of CHF 1’920 (2,114 USD)
- Health insurance in Switzerland is Only for non-EU and non-EFTA grantees,
- For non-EU and non-EFTA countries, a flight allowance is provided at the end of the scholarship.
- A special housing allowance of CHF 300 (330 USD) is paid once at the start of the scholarship.
- A one-year half-price public transportation pass,
- Support services as well as various trips, dinners, and sightseeing tours are available.
- Please keep in mind that no family allowances are available.
3. The Art Scholarship
Art scholarships are available to students pursuing an initial master’s degree in the arts in Switzerland.
Scholarships for study at any Swiss conservatory or university of the arts are available.
Universities Eligible You can apply for the Arts Scholarship
The following universities are eligible for Swiss Government Excellence Arts Scholarships:
- University of Applied Sciences and Arts Western Switzerland
- Bern University of the Arts
- University of Applied Sciences and Arts Northwestern Switzerland
- University of Applied Sciences Eastern Switzerland
- Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts
- University of Applied Sciences and Arts of Southern Switzerland
- Conservatorio della Svizzera italiana
- Zurich University of the Arts.
Supporting Documents For The Art Scholarship
All documents must be written in one of the following languages: English, French, Italian, or German. If applicable, an English translation must be attached.
- You must submit two sets: one original and one copy (no confidential letters of recommendation).
- Documents must be submitted in the exact order listed below:
- Signed (typed and printed) FCS application form with a photo. The FCS form can be obtained by email from the Swiss Embassy in your home country.
- A comprehensive CV that includes a list of exhibitions, concerts, and awards, among other things.
- Motivation letter (maximum of two pages)
4. Ph.D. Scholarships
As an applicant, you will be able to pursue full-time Ph.D. studies in Switzerland at one of the 10 Swiss cantonal universities, two Swiss federal institutes of technology, or the Graduate Institute.
The Swiss Government Excellence Ph.D. Scholarships are not valid for combined Ph.D. programs (part-time in Switzerland and part-time elsewhere).
Ph.D. students with an ongoing or planned doctoral project conducted within the framework of a formalized agreement between two universities and under the joint supervision of two supervisors are only eligible for a 12-month research fellowship (the final category in this post).
Please keep in mind that applying for a Ph.D. scholarship and applying for admission to a Swiss university for a Ph.D. study are two separate processes.
Same as the master’s scholarship except that the monthly allowance is for 12 months prolongable up to 36 months based on the achieved academic results.
Candidates who are eligible must:
- Hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- Be born after December 31, 1986.
- Provide a letter from an academic host professor at the chosen Swiss university (including a brief CV).
- Prepare a research proposal that includes a timetable. This is the application’s focal point.
- Have not been in Switzerland for more than a year when the scholarship begins in September 2022.
- possess the necessary language skills for Ph.D. studies/research.
- Move to Switzerland for the duration of their grant.