Are you a truck driver or do you have what it takes to be one? Have you ever considered relocating to a foreign country in search of greener pastures? In this blog post, we answered the most frequently asked questions and provided a list of truck driving jobs in Canada. Learn more
Qualifications to become a truck driver in Canada
- Must be at least 23 years old and have a Class AZ license.
- 1 year of documented tractor-trailer experience in the last 3 years, or 2 years of documented tractor-trailer experience in the last 5 years, is required.
- 3 years CVOR/Abstract track record with no more than two moving violations/accidents
- Reliable and customer-focused
- Concerned about safety
- Regular, predictable, and complete attendance is a required job function.
- Willingness to travel as needed, work the required schedule, work at the required location, complete the Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (including previous employment and criminal history), and drug screening are all required.
List Of Companies Accepting Truck Drivers In 2023
1. Penske Truck Leasing and Logistics – Woodstock, ON
2. Canada Cartage – Calgary, AB
3. NAPA Auto Parts – Calgary, AB +1 location
4. MAXX North America Services Ltd. – Edmonton, AB
5. Ryder System – Woodstock, ON
6. Lake Excavating LTD – Williams Lake, BC
7. Cooney Transport Ltd – Ottawa, ON
8. Traction Heavy Duty Parts – Edmonton
9. Lake Excavating LTD – Williams Lake, BC
10. Cooke Aquaculture Inc. – Saint George, NB
Frequently Asked Questions About Truck Driving Jobs In Canada
How do I get a job as a truck driver in Canada?
Under the Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP), transporters can get a Canada work Visa Permit. Through this road, most Canadian transportation organizations enlist skilled workers.
Is there a high demand for truck drivers in Canada?
Truck driver shortage in Canada
According to TruckingHR Canada, a high number of vacancies in this industry reported at 18,000 in Q2 2021, a number that has risen to 20,110 as of Q2 2022 “has a heavy impact on the national economy when there are disruptions and labor shortages.”
How much does a truck driver make in Canada?
The average truck driver’s salary in Canada is $46,800 per year or $24 per hour. Entry-level jobs start at $39,000 annually, with most experienced workers earning up to $60,450.
Can UK truck drivers work in Canada?
Truck drivers can get work permits for Canada under Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP). Most Canadian trucking companies employ young foreign skilled workers through this channel.
How does a truck driver obtain a work permit in Canada?
Federal Skilled Worker is another Express Entry program designed to bring skilled professionals to Canada. Foreign truck drivers who have completed at least one year of full-time work in a NOC 73300 role outside of Canada and have a CLB 7 in a language proficiency exam are eligible to apply for this program.
How does a foreigner get a job as a truck driver in Canada?
- Fundamental requirements for foreign truck drivers in Canada
- Have a positive LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment) or an exemption from the LMIA.
- You must not be a refugee claimant.
- You must not be a resident of another province or territory.
- Have legal temporary status in Canada.
- Truck drivers qualify as an eligible occupation in Alberta.
This might be an exciting opportunity you have been waiting for and a pathway to your career growth. Consider one top list of truck driving jobs in Canada and give it a try. Goodluck
See more: Jobs in Canada for Australian Citizens